Saansad Adarsh Gram Yojana (SAGY) is a PM Narendra Modi promoted rural development program aimed to develop model villages (Adarsh Grams) through implementation of unique village specific plans made in close consultation with local administration and direct involvement of Members of Parliament.
CDFI developed an Outcome- Oriented Digital Framework to plan, execute and monitor the program. Mobile and web based platforms were used to:
- Collect household and village level data
- Analyse data and create village specific development plan
- Execute and monitor project activities
CDFI’s team accompanied Shri Sudhir Gupta, Member of Parliament to his adopted village:
- A comprehensive data collection exercise was conducted in Behpur village to measure the state of the village with respect to goals set for the program.
- Infrastructure, amenities, services and the opportunities for future economic development were identified in discussions with gram panchayat officials, patwari, anganwadi workers and ASHA workers.
A database of all government programs running in Madhya Pradesh was created in CDFI’s data analytics platform:
- Objective, target beneficiaries, funds allocated, nodal department and guidelines were captured.
- All state sponsored schemes addressing the gaps were identified and attached to the KPIs.
- Where the gap could not be covered by existing government programs, additional activities were defined.
- Outcomes, milestones and timelines were clearly defined for each activity.
- Member of Parliament Local Area Development Scheme (MPLAD) or Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) funds were explored for additionl funding.
This formed the development plan for the village and this plan was submitted to the MP for their consideration.
The CDFI report “Outcome-Oriented Digital Framework for Saansad Adarsh Gram Yojana” was unveiled by the Hon’ble MPs Dr. Vinay Sahasrabuddhe, Smt. Meenakshi Lekhi and Shri Sudhir Gupta.